Ever since the Internet Highway opened up in India almost 3 decades ago, it has become the most plied expressway. The innumerable options in products for every aspect of life, personal or professional, is found nowhere else. From the humble tooth brush to technologically advanced CNC machines, you can find exactly what you want to purchase in the internet. Real estate is no exception. An ultra-modern apartment or villa, a budget home, a plot to build your own house, a farm, a serviced apartment…and more can be shopped in the virtual worldwide shopping destination of internet.
With just a few relevant keywords, the search engines throw up a plethora of options. In the city of your choice, in your preferred locality, within your budget, and of course in the category you wish.
If we go back to the days before the advent of the internet way of doing business, buying a home was a tedious process. It was not possible to visit and see all the available projects. No comparison study was possible. One didn’t have much of an idea about the builder. Most apartment buildings looked similar. There was no innovation in any aspect, or a wide range of amenities. You had to buy what was offered. Since you needed your own roof over your head, you went ahead.
Not so today. The home-buying process has evolved by leaps and bounds. Never-before possibilities have been unlocked. All at just a clock of a button.
Let us briefly explore how the internet has brought about the changes in home-buying, directly and indirectly.
- More financial power: Will you agree that the Internet has enhanced the purchasing power of individuals? Pan India Job offers at all levels for all industries are available through internet. The information of excellent high salary opportunities is known, and a job seeker can pick and choose. With today’s new norm to WFH, it is possible to save more than earlier, with less commute. Freelancers and consultants get multiple sources of income. Virtual offices are a reality with no major expenses on infrastructure, rent, interest, standing expenses, etc. This means more people can afford buying a home since they have more funds to actualize their dream.
- Myriad options: A serious home-buyer can literally scour the entire city for a good investment, just sitting at home. He is not restricted just to his own locality. With the right keyword, the opportunities to search new homes with the right criteria, in new places are abundant. Especially for NRIs who usually depend on a friend or relative to do a recky, on their behalf, can now see the actual project from his home abroad. In fact, the virtual tour or walkthroughs give him a very definite idea of the prospective asset. Moreover, he can get all the information he needs of the locality, culture, people, rural or urban, civic amenities, neighbourhood, distances, etc, about the city of his choice. Without the internet, access to such detailed information is impossible.
- Quick calculations: Most websites of real estate projects incorporate the facility of a calculator which can accurately indicate the total cost, interest, etc. of your proposed purchase. All this, in the wink of an eye, since the calculator is specifically programmed to show this information. Moreover, it even has a built-in facility to show the equivalent of the rupee in any currency of the world.
- Online financial transactions: Builders have made it easy for buyers to make payments from wherever they are. On approval of the online filled out application form, buyer can make the payment through internet banking. All banks that have approved the project for home loans, can also be interacted and transacted with. These facilities are not just easy, but save enormous time. There is no need to courier documents, since digital signatures are also accepted.
- Marketing to the global market:. Builders showcase their products to a global market. They can present the entire history and background of their company, which a judicious buyer would require to know. Virtual visibility and brand awareness with all digitalized techniques make it even more effective. Fast paced marketing through digital media on crucial information such as new launches, limited period discounts, price increase etc can be immediately sent to thousands of potential buyers. The digital highway has simplified the home buying process through sophisticated online apps.
Today no business can afford to ignore the digital marketing avenues. Internet users are increasingphenomenally every day. For a home-hunter, the canvas is huge. Search forand selection of the best is easy and quick. Hundreds of home investment deals go through the internet.
While we have enumerated just a few of the influences that make home-buying an easy, quick and pleasant process, there are numerous other factors that transform the daunting affair of home buying to an absolute cinch.